Unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
“client”, “you” and “your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting Rugbymatch’s terms and conditions;
“ourselves”, “we” and “us”, refers to the legal entity that owns and manages the RugbyMatch branded app and Service”;
“RugbyMatch”, depending on the context, means either the legal entity owning and controlling the RugbyMach branded app and Service, or the branded app and Service itself.
“party”, “parties”, or “us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the client or ourselves.
“Content” means the information, images, videos, text and / or other content that our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and / or otherwise make available on RugbyMatch.
“data” or “user data” or “user’s data” means any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties (a) can retrieve from RugbyMatch or (b) provide to RugbyMatch through the platform, and “information” shall have the same meaning as data.
“post” means post on RugbyMatch, or otherwise make available by using RugbyMatch.
“the Service” means the features and services we make available through RugbyMatch, including but not limited to: the Athlete Page, Coach Page, Visitors’ Page, Gallery, System Emails and System Messages; (b) any other Rugbymatch branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions and widgets; (c) our platform; (d) social plug-ins such as the Like button and the Share button; other media and software (such as a toolbar), devices or networks now existing or developed in the future.
“use” means use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
“user” means all person/s accessing and using the Service, including but not limited to clients of RugbyMatch.
2.13. “RugbyMatch” means this mobile application branded as Rugbymatch.
Use of the Service
RugbyMatch allows you to access, view and upload content (personal information, other information, photographs, videos, images etc). As long as you comply with these Terms, you have the right to download and install a copy of the App to your mobile device, and to access and use the Service, for your own personal use. You may not:
- Copy, modify or distribute the App for any purpose;
- Transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the App or the Service to any third party;
- Decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works of the App or the Service;
- Make the functionality of the App or the Service available to multiple users through any means; or
- Use the Service in an unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms.
Registering and creating an account
In order to access and use Rugbymatch, you will need to register and create an account (your “Account”). By creating an Account, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the Republic of South Africa, other applicable jurisdiction. When creating an Account, you may be required to provide certain personal information about yourself and will establish a username and a password. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about your Account.
When creating an Account, don’t:
- provide any false personal information to us (including a false username) or create any account for anyone other than yourself without such other person's permission;
- use a username that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- use a username that is subject to rights of another person without appropriate authorization; or
- use a username that is offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise in bad taste.
You can link your Account to various webmail, social networking, and other online accounts. You may only link your own accounts. We will access and retrieve your account information from these sites on your behalf (in some cases, by using your username and password) to make certain information or services available to you through the Service. By linking your other accounts, you expressly authorize us to access your account information from those third party accounts, on your behalf as your agent and permit us to access, use and, in some cases, store your account information to accomplish the foregoing.
Permissions You Give to Us when You use this Service:
By using this Service, you give us the following permissions that we need in order to provide the Service.
Our Service allows you and other users to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, images, videos, text and/or other content (“Content”). You are responsible for the Content that you post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. By posting Content to the Service, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms. You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights.
- You grant us a license to use Content. Our Service allows you and other users to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, images, videos, text and / or other content (“Content”). You are responsible for the Content that you post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. BY POSTING CONTENT TO THE SERVICE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, YOU GRANT US NON-EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE, TRANSFERABLE, SUB-LICENSABLE, WORLDWIDE LICENSE TO HOST, USE, DISTRIBUTE, MODIFY, RUN, COPY, PUBLICLY PERFORM OR DISPLAY, TRANSLATE, AND CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, YOUR CONTENT (CONSISTENT WITH YOUR PRIVACY AND APPLICATION SETTINGS).
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing anyone to access and use that information and to associate it with you, including your name, profile picture and other information about you.
- If you delete your content or profile, or terminate your account, which you may do at any time, your content may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies, will still be visible where others have shared it. To learn more about how we use information, and how to control or delete your content, review our Data Policy.
- Permission to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions with advertisements and sponsored content.You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, and information provided by you, such as your general location, age, interests, and activities. This content and information shall be used to provide sponsored-related content and advertisement material.
- You also agree that we may use your name, profile picture and general information in conjunction with and proximate to advertisement and sponsored content. Other than displaying advertisements and sponsored content next to your username and profile picture, we will do nothing to suggest that you in any way endorse any products, services or sponsored content.
Your commitment and obligations
We do our best to keep the Service secure but need your help in doing so. By using the Service, you commit to the following:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam).
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access the Service, using automated means such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as pyramid schemes.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or accessing an account belonging to someone else
- You will not bully, intimidate or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is: hate speech, threatening or pornographic, incites violence, or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use the Service to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the Service, such as a denial of service attach or interference with page rendering or other Service functionality.
- The remainder of these commitments relate to registering and maintaining the security of your account. You will not provide any false personal information, or create an account for anyone other than yourself, without express permission.
- You will not create more than one account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another account without our express permission.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- Users managing information on behalf of other users such as organisations, coaches or administrators who have written consent from another user, future or potential user to share or use information and personal information as defined above on behalf of that user, future user or potential user (the approved information) may upload the approved information.
The limits of our responsibility
Our Service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM (MAKE NO CLAIM TO BE PROVIDING) ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
We also don’t control what people and others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our Service.
Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called "liability") is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we can't know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won't be responsible ("liable") for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
Our Right to Remove Content and / or Terminate your Account
This Service is operated from the Republic of South Africa, and this South African Law governs use of this Service, and / or any rights and obligations arising from it. You agree that all legal claims, actions or other disputes, arising out of your use of this Service, and whether by or against you, shall be brought or pursued in the applicable Courts of South Africa.
This website is operated from the Republic of South Africa, and thus the South African Law governs the use or liability to use this web site and these terms and conditions.
People use Rugbymatch to share their experiences and to raise awareness about issues that are important to them. This means that you may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which we believe can lead to important conversations about difficult topics. To help balance the needs, safety, and interests of a diverse community, however, we may remove certain kinds of sensitive content or limit the audience that sees it. Learn more about how we do that here:
Nudity: People sometimes share content containing nudity for reasons like awareness campaigns or artistic projects. We restrict the display of nudity because some audiences within our global community may be sensitive to this type of content – particularly because of their cultural background or age. In order to treat people fairly and respond to reports quickly, it is essential that we have policies in place that our global teams can apply uniformly and easily when reviewing content. As a result, our policies can sometimes be more blunt than we would like and restrict content shared for legitimate purposes. We are always working to get better at evaluating this content and enforcing our standards.
We will remove photographs of people displaying genitals or focusing in on fully exposed buttocks. We also restrict some images of female breasts if they include the nipple, but we always allow photos of women actively engaged in breastfeeding or showing breasts with post-mastectomy scarring. We also do not allow photographs of paintings, sculptures, and other art that depicts nude figures. Restrictions on the display of both nudity and sexual activity also apply to digitally created content. Explicit images of sexual intercourse are prohibited. Descriptions of sexual acts that go into vivid detail may also be removed. Hate Speech: Hate speech includes content that directly attacks people based on their Race, Ethnicity, National Origin, Religious affiliation, Sexual orientation, Sex, Gender, Gender Identity, Serious disabilities or Diseases. Hate speech will not be permitted on Rugbymatch, and we reserve the right to remove it immediately.
Organisations and people dedicated to promoting hatred against, or using hate speech in respect to, these protected groups are not allowed a presence on RugbyMatch.
People can use Rugbymatch to challenge ideas, institutions, and practices. Such discussion can promote debate and greater understanding. Sometimes people share content containing someone else’s hate speech for the purpose of raising awareness or educating others about that hate speech. When this is the case, we expect people to clearly indicate their purpose, which helps us better understand why they shared that content.
We allow humour, satire, or social commentary related to these topics, and we believe that when people use their authentic identity, they are more responsible when they share this kind of commentary. For that reason, we ask that Page owners associate their name and RugbyMatch Profile with any content that is insensitive, even if that content does not violate our policies. As always, we urge people to be conscious of their audience when sharing this type of content.
While we work hard to remove hate speech, we also give you the tools to avoid distasteful or offensive content. Please use the Support tab to report this content to us.
Violence and Graphic Content. We want Rugbymatch to be a place where people share their experiences and raise awareness about important issues. Sometimes, those experiences and issues involve violence and graphic images of public interest or concern, such as human rights abuses or acts of terrorism. In many instances, when people share this type of content, they are condemning it or raising awareness about it. We remove graphic images when they are shared for sadistic pleasure or to celebrate or glorify violence.
When people share anything on RugbyMatch, we expect that they will share it responsibly, including carefully choosing who will see that content. We also ask that people to warn their audience about what they are about to see if it includes graphic violence.
Keeping your account and personal information secure. We work hard to help keep your account secure and protect your personal information. By joining Rugbymatch, you agree to use your authentic name and identity. You may not publish the personal information of others without their consent. Using Your Authentic Identity: How Rugbymatch’s real name requirement creates a safer environment. People connect on Wononwon using their authentic identities. When people stand behind their opinions and actions with their authentic name and reputation, our community is more accountable. If we discover that you have multiple personal profiles, we may ask you to close the additional profiles. We also remove any profiles that impersonate other people.
Fraud and Spam: How we protect you from fraud and spam. We work hard to help ensure that the information you share is secure. We investigate any suspected breach of security. Any attempt to compromise the security of a Profile, including fraud, may be referred to law enforcement. Using misleading or inaccurate information to artificially collect likes, followers, or shares is not allowed. We also ask that you respect people by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your Company Name user ID and password
- credit card information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver the products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Company Name, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Website(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Company Name uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Website(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the RugbyMatch Website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 16 years old to use the Services. Rugbymatch does not knowingly collect information from children under 16.
Questions or comments?